This statement applies to all personal information we handle, including on-line (except as noted below), off-line, and manually processed data. For purposes of this statement, "personal information" means information that:
Note that this term is quite broad and could include even the name, email address and telephone number of a client's employee.
- is transferred from the European Union to the United States;
- is recorded in any form;
- is about, or pertains to, a specific individual; and
- can be linked to that individual.
This policy does not apply to information that pertains to a specific individual but is reported anonymously and in aggregate such that the individual could not reasonably be identified.
Protecting Individuals' Privacy
Notice and Choice
We notify individuals about the personal information we collect from them, how we use it, and how to contact us with privacy concerns. We collect personal information from individuals only with the consent of the individual affected or in accordance with other legal basis ensuring an adequate level of protection of personal data.
Consent for personal information to be collected, used, and/or disclosed in certain ways may be required in order for an individual client to obtain or use our services. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, we reserve the right to process personal information in the course of providing professional consulting services to our clients without the knowledge of individuals involved.
Disclosures and Transfers
We do not disclose an individual's personal information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have the individual's permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is required by law in the country whose data protection legislation applies;
- The information in question is publicly available;
- Transfer is otherwise permitted according to legislation in the relevant country having jurisdiction in relation to the processing of the personal data;
- The disclosure is to another Ramboll Environ subsidiary or to persons or entities providing services on our behalf to the individual or his/her employer (each a "transferee"), consistent with the purpose for which the information was obtained, if the transferee, with respect to the information in question;
- is subject to the law of a country providing an adequate level of privacy protection;
- has established an adequate legal basis for such disclosure.
Data Security, Integrity and Access
We use various physical, electronic, and managerial measures, including education and training of our personnel, designed to provide personal information with appropriate protection from accidental loss or destruction, improper use, alteration, or disclosure. We process personal information only in ways compatible with the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for such purposes, we take the appropriate steps to make sure that personal information is accurate, complete, current, and otherwise reliable with regard to its intended use. If an individual becomes aware that information we maintain about that individual is inaccurate, or if an individual would like to update or review his or her information, the individual may contact us using the contact information below. The individual will need to provide sufficient identifying information, such as name, address, birth date, and social security or taxpayer identification number. We may request additional identifying information as a security precaution. In addition, we may limit or deny access to personal information where providing such access would be unreasonably burdensome or expensive.
Accountability and Enforcement
We have established a program to monitor our compliance with data protection legislation and to address questions and concerns regarding our compliance. This program will include a statement, at least once a year, signed by an authorized representative of the firm, verifying that this policy is accurate, comprehensive for the information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, completely implemented, and accessible. We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns with us using the contact information below. With respect to any dispute relating to this policy that cannot be resolved through our internal processes, we will cooperate with competent data protection authorities and comply with the advice of such authorities. In the event that we, or such authorities, determine that we did not comply with this policy, we will take appropriate steps to address any adverse effects and to promote future compliance. Personnel who violate our privacy policies will be subject to disciplinary action.
We may amend this policy from time to time to comply with applicable data protection legislation by posting a revised policy on this website, or a similar website that replaces this website.
Information Subject to Other Policies
Certain information is subject to policies of the firm that may differ in some respects from the general policies set forth in this statement.
- Links from our external website and our intranet have their own privacy policies that apply to those websites. These policies may be accessed through the websites in question.
- Information obtained from or relating to clients or former clients is further subject to the terms of any confidentiality or privacy notice to the client, any engagement letter or service agreements executed with the client, and applicable laws and professional consulting standards.
For further information, please contact:
Ramboll Environ, Inc.
4350 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203