Principal Engineer, Bridges team
Ramboll are looking for a Principal Engineer to join their fast growing, dynamic and elite Bridges team. This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you excellent quality of work on large projects throughout the company, along with a highly competitive salary package.
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From iconic projects such as Queensferry Crossing, the Mersey Crossing, Gateshead Millenium Bridge, Crossrail, Thameslink, Ferrari Worls and the Tate Modern to ongoing ground breaking projects such as HS2 and The Northern Hub, we design a variety of landmark bridges, highways and buildings in urban and rural, commercial, industrial, marine, aviation, educational and residential contexts. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector.
- A recognised practitioner in the design of bridges able to work independently
- Provide guidance, instruct, motivate, and manage assigned staff on the project
- Ability to organise and conduct several activities simultaneously
- Established relationships with individuals from other organisations, generating market intelligence and new business opportunities
- Able to prepare single discipline bid documentation (in association with other disciplines) and to have the skills necessary to present the company at interview
- Coordinate project research including site surveys and site inspections
- Prepare bid and contract documentation
- Prove ability in financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Proven ability in different procurement and contractual arrangements for projects
- Manage actual project costs against target costs and administer change control procedures in accordance with agreed scope of service
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety (including CDM Regulations), quality, and training
- Responsible for the competency assessment of staff involved in the project
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience managing a team, as well as evidence as a competent Project Manager on a number of projects
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly, and to be recognised as able to influence people (staff and clients)
- Understanding of the company business plan, and assistance with the preparation of the team business plan, current and
- future priorities, and of specific objectives which are applicable to own role and project work
- Contribute to the development of company procedures by taking an active role in task groups
- Chartership would be an advantage, or good degree in Civil engineering (or equivalent) ideally with Civil Engineering MEng
- Will have gained full membership of an appropriate professional institution
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply before 2017-12-22